What is Clone in the context of website? Cloning means duplicator or replicate the same design of running website to another website.
1. Create a copy of website by installing Duplicator plugin on original website.
2. Now, go to your dashboard and click on Duplicator and then click on Create New Package.
3. Then, enter your Package Name, and click next. This will start scanning your website.
4. Once scan is finished, results will be appeared, and let you know if any errors occurred in your website. But normally, one or two notices occurred. Don’t worry, just check box with Yes and click Build.
5. Now, wait until results will be appeared after processing. Then, download both files together in single click.
6. Now, upload your package and installer files to your server using FTP or CPanel.
For FTP transfer we recommend FileZilla.
Here we go with CPanel upload:
Login to your CPanel and go to File Manager section.
7. Open root directory of your duplicate website where you want to install. Then upload both files i.e. Installer and Package file.
8. Once, files are upload now create database for your website. Look for database section on CPanel dashboard and click on MYSQL databases.
9. Enter Database Name and click Create Database.
10. Now, create user for database. Enter your username and password and click create Create User.
11. Then, add user to the database that you created earlier. Select username and database name that you created for new duplicate website.
Check on All Privileges and then click make changes.
12. Now, both files are added in the root directory of your website and ready to create a duplicate of your original website.
Access your website in the browser using www.yourwebsite.com/installer.php. This will let you access the installer file that you uploaded on the server. Once the URL loaded, it will let you know if any error occurred in your and ask for confirmation to proceed next.
13. Now, duplicator will ask you to enter database details.
Enter database name you created earlier and enter database username and password. Then, click on verify to verify the database connectivity. Once you are done, this is import your old database into new database.
14. Finally, duplicator will ask you to confirm website URL, website Title and its path. Once you are ready, click next.
Note: Don’t forget to create your website Admin username and password in Options section before proceeding to next step.
15. Yay, you duplicate website installation is ready. Now login to website admin to start working on your new website.