Two factor authentication lets you enable stop hackers from getting access to your Facebook account and ask you for a code, if you or someone is trying to login from unauthorized device.
If someone knows your password then two factor authentication makes it harder to access your account directly by entering password.
In short, it requires a verification code sent on your mobile or authorized device usually on your mobile for authentication.
In this article, we explained all the steps to enable two factor authentication on your Facebook account, and how to disable if you don’t want to use it. Let’s get started.
Enable 2FA on Facebook:
1. Login to your Facebook account and go to settings by click arrow down icon in the top-right corner.
2. Now, click on Security and Login in the left sidebar.
Scroll down to “Two-Factor Authentication” and click on Use two-factor authentication or click edit.
3. Select a security method that you want to use for it.
Choose Authentication App, if you want to setup using Google Authenticator, Google Duo, or Microsoft Authenticator.
Choose Text Message, if you want to setup on your mobile number.
4. We recommend using Authentication App.
To setup using Authentication app, you will see the QR code for scanning in your mobile app or enter the authentication key in your app to continue.
5. If you want to setup using Mobile Number, then enter your mobile number if not already entered on your Facebook account.
6. Once authentication method is selected and continue, it will requires you to enter confirmation code for verification.
7. Here you go, after successfully entering confirmation code, your 2FA is turned on your account.
Now you are more safe and little bit hard hack your account by hackers 😀
8. All of that’s left is to set up back up for alternative ways to login if you don’t have access to primary method.
Most of the people choose Text SMS as backup method, but you can also choose USB or NFC key, or even set up a universal code generator
Disable 2FA on Facebook:
9. To disable 2FA on your Facebook account, simply follow the above mentioned steps and turn off either by clicking on overview or in front of each security method under manage tab.