You have the right to seek financial compensation if you suffer harm because a medical expert disregarded their professional obligations. We all want high-quality treatment from physicians, nurses, and other healthcare professionals. A medical malpractice attorney at Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum, P.C. in New York City might be able to assist. Call (212) 607-8240 to schedule a free consultation.
The Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum P.C. team has more than 40 years of expertise and is knowledgeable about what it takes to be successful. We are known for going above and beyond in our pursuit of the compensation you are due.
Don’t be hesitant to contact to learn more about your legal rights since we will analyse your case for free and there is no commitment to employ us.
WHY IT’S IMPORTANT TO HIRE AN EXPERIENCED NYC MEDICAL MALPRACTICE LAWYER
Lawsuits involving medical misconduct are much trickier than regular personal injury cases. In order to guarantee that they are qualified to treat your diseases and injuries, doctors, nurses, and other healthcare professionals must complete specialised training and meet state licencing criteria. However, no amount of training will guarantee that every negative consequence will not occur.
Special regulations are in effect as a result. By prohibiting “frivolous” claims for damages, New York statutes often aim to protect hospitals and physicians. However, it’s critical to hold a doctor accountable when their error has caused you real injury.
Our skilled NYC personal injury attorneys at Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum, P.C. will handle every aspect of your case. We’ll do:
- Look at the circumstances that led to your sickness or injury.
- Find all of your medical records, including any notes made by your medical staff, and review them.
- Employ medical professionals to testify about the doctor’s error and if it was reasonable under the circumstances.
- Work with financial and medical specialists to seek an equitable compensation award from the insurance companies, making sure that all of the intricate procedural and administrative requirements in a NYC medical malpractice case are met.
- Put a barrier between you and the insurance companies and defence attorneys to prevent them from intimidating you into accepting a settlement that is less than you deserve.
If necessary, ask a witness to defend your rights during a trial.
In the office of Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum, P.C., you are more than a file number. Our injury lawyers individually manage your case and invest the necessary time in getting to know you. We are known for going above and beyond in our struggle to secure the funding you require.
OUR TRUSTED MEDICAL MALPRACTICE ATTORNEYS HAVE A PROVEN TRACK RECORD OF GETTING FAIR COMPENSATION FOR INJURED CLIENTS
We keep Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum, P.C.’s law firm small on purpose. In addition to our demonstrated track record of delivering big-firm financial outcomes for our customers, we are delighted to offer the individualised service and commitment of a smaller business.
In reality, the success of our clientele is the foundation of our business. Our main objective is to get just judgments and settlements for clients who have been affected as a result of another party’s error.
Several recent case results are examples:
- In a medical malpractice lawsuit involving poor postoperative treatment, $1.5 million was obtained.
- In a medical negligence lawsuit involving a doctor’s improper diagnosis of the patient’s disease, $1.3 million was collected.
- In a medical negligence lawsuit involving a doctor’s inability to recognise a child’s damage, $1.1 million was obtained.
- In a medical malpractice lawsuit involving poor emergency department care, $1 million was obtained.
No two situations are ever precisely same, and no attorney can ever guarantee a certain outcome in your case. Our medical malpractice attorneys in New York guarantee that we will do every effort to secure the just recompense you require.
LEGAL STANDARD FOR ESTABLISHING MEDICAL MALPRACTICE
The four factors that your attorney must establish in a typical negligence case are (1) duty of care, (2) breach, (3) causation, and (4) damages. Even while this fundamental criteria is helpful in common accident instances, medical professionals are held to a different standard.
An expert lawyer will collaborate with medical professionals to establish the “medical standard of care” in order to show medical negligence. This guideline differs from a straightforward mandate that everyone act cautiously to ensure the safety of others. The medical standard of treatment may change based on the situation, taking into account things like:
- Age of the patient
- medical background
- The type of disease or injury
When a doctor gives care that is below the standard of care that a prudent doctor would have provided in the same situation, it is considered medical malpractice. You might be able to make a strong case for medical malpractice if a reasonable doctor would have treated you differently.
Additionally, you must demonstrate that the careless treatment resulted in injury (damages) to you that would not have occurred had you received adequate care, such as your condition getting worse.